- n the offensive football players who line up behind the linemen
- Even before the first whistle blew this season, sportswriters knew which four men belonged in anybody's All-America backfield.
- The only trouble with a backfield made up of the nation's four most touted backfield starsLujack, Conerly, Walker and Chappuisis that there isn't a fullback among them.
- Both refused; the party finally settled on Lawyer Lefkowitz, and picked running mates to produce a ticket that sounds like three parts of a Notre Dame backfield: Lefkowitz, Fino .
News & Articles
- Riley Bullough will be a tailback for Michigan State
In the spring, it was merely a whim. Now, with plenty of uncertainty in the backfield and depth at linebacker, Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio said Bullough will start camp at tailback before being evaluated after two weeks.
June 20, 2013 - Detroit News
- Links: Sapp -- Strahan was no Simeon Rice
Atlanta Falcons New running back Steven Jackson says what he will be doing in Atlanta isn't much different from what he did with the Rams for the past few seasons, writes Daniel Cox of the team's website. Said Jackson: "I think (offensive coordinator) coach (Dirk) Koetter’s going to allow me to still be a downhill runner, allow me to catch the ball out of the backfield and, most importantly ...
June 20, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Beasley's absence forces US lineup changes
SANDY, Utah (AP) -- U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann has made a few key changes in the midfield and backfield for Tuesday night's World Cup qualifier against Honduras in Utah.
June 19, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Jay Cutler in ABC News
It was a big, big win for us,Cutler said. "To be down 13 and have an empty backfield and to come back like this, it means a lot."
- Brian Leonard in Pro Football Weekly
Leonard continued, saying he shares some traits with Hall of Famer John Riggins: "I'm my own person but do share some of the same similarities as Riggins. He was a hard runner and had good hands out of the backfield. That's what I feel like I do,...
- Chad Greenway in Washington Post
He's a matchup problem, obviously,Greenway said. "He's a guy that can run good routes, but yet you can put him in a situation out of the backfield and he can run the ball, too. He runs draws well, screens well. He'll be a challenge, no...