- n a woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chin; worn by Russian peasant women
- Does Vladimir Putin work out? You bet your babushka he does, and he wants you to appreciate the results.
- In the wooden city of Murmansk, back in 1941, razed in a single day by 350,000 incendiary bombs, a solitary babushka, carrying a trunk of her belongings past the forest of upright .
- Its storage and conservation facilities are woefully inadequate: the walls weep with rising damp, and the lighting is poor -- the "babushka brigade" of women guards has the habit .
News & Articles
- Indiana, PA - Indiana County
To my 6-year-old eyes, she seemed ancient, with her withered, white face and wisps of gray hair escaping her tightly tied babushka.
June 29, 2013 - The Indiana Gazette