- n an alloy of tin with some copper and antimony; a lining for bearings that reduces friction
- v line with a Babbitt metal
News & Articles
- Editorial: Give national status to Berryessa's lands
Since 1906, Congress and the president have partnered to ensure a growing population has access to open space and outdoor recreation. But as former Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt points out, we have seen dramatic decline since 2001: "Our public land conservation consensus has fractured and collapsed."
June 8, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Woodstock Lacrosse Team Finds Right Time to Get Hot
Woodstock High attackman Hunter Schmell cuts between Rutland opponents Cooper Babbitt (23) and Dakota Wright during yesterday's Vermont Division I first-round playoff game. The eighth-seeded Wasps won, 13-5, and advanced to play at top-seeded Essex on Saturday.
June 6, 2013 - Valley News
- Alan Babbitt hired as Hope College sports information director
Alan Babbitt, the veteran sports editor of The Holland Sentinel, has been appointed the first full-time sports information director at Hope College.
June 5, 2013 - The Holland Sentinel
- Janet Napolitano in Forbes
Arizonans are also proud of their political tradition, from Barry Goldwater to Mo Udall to Bruce Babbitt. There's a pattern here,Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano told delegates Tuesday as part of the chorus eviscerating McCain.
- Josh Hartnett in Littlehampton Gazette
Hartnett said: "It has always been my intent to work on the London stage. It was only when I read the complex and charismatic character of Charlie Babbitt that I knew the time was right."