axle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a shaft on which a wheel rotates
- Welding in some bits to a 1910 Overland and adding two more axles and four more guncart-style wheels, Reeves created the OctoAuto, proudly displaying it at the inaugural .
- The only Bricklin I ever sat in caught on fire and burned to the axles.
- In the late 1940s, they began offering the single-seat Model I as a home-built, $500 kit, containing the frame, axles and sheetmetal patterns, so that the body panels could be .
News & Articles
- Chrysler recalling 6,900 heavy-duty 2012 trucks
Chrysler recalling 6,900 heavy-duty 2012 trucks DETROIT (AP) — Chrysler Group is recalling 6,900 heavy-duty Ram pickup trucks from the 2012 model year because part of the front axle could fracture and cause them to lose power. The automaker said Wednesday that the front prop shaft, which connects the engine to the axle, can bind or fracture.
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- American Axle to demolish manufacturing site in Detroit, Hamtramck
American Axle & Manufacturing Inc. said Friday it plans demolish 1.9 million square feet of manufacturing space in Detroit and Hamtramck to help it sell the unused property.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit News
- American Axle to demolish Detroit, Hamtramck factory
American Axle and Manufacturing's production facility that straddles Detroit and Hamtramck will be...
June 14, 2013 - ClickOnDetroit
- Dale Earnhardt Jr in FOXNews
We tore up an axle or a drive plate, one of the two happened first,Earnhardt Jr. said. "Down in the center of [turns] 1 and 2, I just got back to the gas and the car felt like it had a flat tire. I don't know. Something's going on there...
- David Coulthard in Motorsport.com
The wheel was large and heavy, and most of its volume did not support the load that the vehicle posed on the axle. If you view animal movement as a 'rolling' body, two legs, swinging back and forth, perform the same function of an entire wheel-rim... Adrian Bejan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Bejan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEGauxtbSZ5RScHuOALTX0a5zFrqA U.S. News & World Report http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usnews.com/articles/science/2010/06/15/reinventing-the-wheel--naturally.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFlBhhx0F4mkLi26GpiRiGxz0og_Q Jun 15, 2010
7168 10344 axle I was doing around 185 kph when the incident happened," Coulthard said, "and I went into the wall quite hard. When I hit the brakes, the car turned. I was going over a rise so it's possible I locked the real axle, but normally when that...