averageness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of being that is average; indicates normality but with connotations of mediocrity
- n ordinariness as a consequence of being average and not outstanding
- Some families value looks, smarts or athletic skill, but people in my family--otherwise cursed with averageness--have only one shot at perfection.
- In clothes and in countenance they were conspicuous, so to speak, in their averageness.
- Comedian Skelton plays with fine restraint; his horid face wears a look of such battered averageness that it is hard to see in it the TV clown.
- Tom Izzo in Chicago Tribune
Because of what we've done over the years,Izzo said, "I've been pushing more for that end product and not letting (anyone) be OK with the averageness or the lack of chemistry or leadership because I know eventually it's going to get us."