- n the season when the leaves fall from the trees
- Horace slandered autumn as a "dread" period"harvest-season of the Goddess of Death.
- At least 727 new novels, up from 683 for last autumn's literary rentre.
- Martin Johnson in International Herald Tribune
We turned up and played but that is the absolute minimum for us. We have to learn the lessons of this autumn heading into the Six Nations,England manager Martin Johnson said. "It's not a lost cause and the players will be far better for...
- Liam Fox in Telegraph.co.uk
I've been discussing with them and other senior staff how we transition to the new structures,Mr Fox said. "We've talked about the best time to be replacing our senior staff, probably the end of the SDR in the autumn."
- Geoff Hoon in Telegraph.co.uk
It will be necessary to draw down our current commitment to nearer a third by no later than autumn in order to avoid long-term damage to the armed forces,the letter said. "Keeping more forces in Iraq would be outside our current defence...