autism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (psychiatry) an abnormal absorption with the self; marked by communication disorders and short attention span and inability to treat others as people
- Two new papers published in the journal 'Nature' pinpoint important genetic variations that shed light on the etiology of autism spectrum disorders.
- What does the case of 9-year-old Hannah Poling tell us about a link between vaccines and autism?.
- With her crimson curls and angelic face, little Hannah Poling, a 9-year-old girl with autism, hardly looks like a pioneer.
News & Articles
- Letters: Autism nuance needed
Autismis a vast diagnostic umbrella under which a variety of disorders are shoved, primarily because we don't know how...
June 12, 2013 - Deseret News
- Autism 5K and Walk set for Saturday in Akron
The Autism Society of Greater Akron will host its third annual 5K and walk Saturday at Lock 3, 220 S. Main St.
June 10, 2013 - The Canton Repository
- Autism is topic of alliance meeting
Do you know anyone with autism? If you would like to understand this disorder better, you are invite ...
June 10, 2013 - Hutchinson News
- Michael Savage in New York Daily News
In 99% of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is,Savage said last week in remarks that lit up the internet over the weekend. "They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a...
- Barbara Loe Fisher in FOXNews
I think it is a mistake to conclude that, because these few test cases were denied compensation, it's been decided vaccines don't play any role in regressive autism,said Barbara Loe Fisher, the center's president.
- Simon Baron-Cohen in San Jose Mercury News
To teach autistic children something they find difficult, we needed an autism-friendly format,Baron-Cohen said.