- n a filmmaker who has a personal style and keeps creative control over his or her works
- It established the former video-store geek as the auteur of the decade, proved that the Weinsteins at Miramax could produce films as well as import them, sparked the third or .
- On the sound stage of The Passion in Rome's Cinecitta studio, the famed auteur prepares a scene for Maia Morgenstern, the Romanian actress playing the Virgin Mary.
- Alive, the Woodman has not been residing in the auteur empyrean for the past couple of decades.
News & Articles
- 10 Questions for Joss Whedon
For this week’s issue of TIME, Belinda Luscombe sat down with television auteur and filmmaker Joss Whedon to ask him a few questions, and TIME’s cameras were there. Whedon answered questions about why he’s drawn to strong female characters, what it was like to grow up in a creative household and why superheroes are so successful at the box office these days. Plus, he explains why a man famous ...
June 6, 2013 - Time Magazine
- Rachel Kushner’s ambitious new novel scares male critics
When Rachel Kushner -- not a venerable male auteur -- writes the Great American Novel, male reviewers are flummoxed
June 5, 2013 - Salon.com
- Johnny Depp in Reuters Canada
He is a rare breed in today's cinema,said Depp, wearing a white tuxedo. "Beyond that he is a true original, a true artist, a true auteur. He's my favorite director and friend."
- John Rhys-Davies in TheDenverChannel.com
That's what so many people don't understand at all -- it's about telling a story,the Welsh-born Rhys-Davies said. "Nevermind the highfalutin film school crap about an auteur theory and all that nonsense. In the end, it's about people...
- Ang Lee in ABS CBN News
After two big movies, I decided to make a small movie that really moved me,said Lee, who flew back from the Toronto Film Festival to take the award. "I have the impression this is the most auteur-specialist of all film festivals and I...