augury : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come
he hoped it was an augury
- If the failure of the police to prevent the Marriott bombing is any augury of what is to come, Jakarta may be in for a long, losing season.
- Only later, in France, did Deng Xiansheng become Deng Xiaoping, the two new syllables a prescient nom de guerre, literally meaning "little peace," an augury of both tumult and .
- Such augury has been on the rise since last month's announcement that Shanghai's Communist Party Secretary Chen Liangyu a protg of Jiang had been dismissed from his .
News & Articles
- Watch Dunkin' Donuts Customers React To Video Of Rat Romping Through Baked Goods
Weary New Yorkers were relieved to see a sweet augury of Spring this morning when video surfaced showing a giant rat "going to town" inside a Garment District Dunkin Donuts pastry case, frolicking over the baked goods with joyous abandon. Mother Nature breathes life into the winter-scarred earth once more! [ more › ]
April 2, 2014 - Gothamist
- Tony Blair in Washington Post
One of the most remarkable things about yesterday was not just the fact of the (power-sharing) institutions being up and running, but also what you might call the atmospherics, which were really good as an augury for the future,Blair said.
- Manmohan Singh in Hindu
I believe 65 per cent of German manufacturing companies already have a presence in India and another 30 per cent plan to come there. This is a good augury for expanded cooperation between us in future,Singh told a gathering here of top German...