- n a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade
- n a means of digital communications that is capable of very high speeds; suitable for transmission of images or voice or video as well as data
- n an unattended machine (outside some banks) that dispenses money when a personal coded card is used
News & Articles
- Spokane Valley thieves make off with one ATM after two attempts
SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. – Two ATM burglaries occurred on Thursday and Friday morning in Spokane according to the Spokane Valley Police Department. The first occurred at the Conoco on 16th and University early Thursday morning. Surveillance footage showed two suspects wearing hooded sweatshirts, masks, and gloves pull up in a Chrysler Mini-Van. One suspect shattered the window of the business with ...
June 14, 2013 - KREM.com Spokane
- Daytona Beach police investigating second ATM robbery
Police in Daytona Beach are investigating a second ATM hold-up in a week. A victim was held up at a Wells Fargo bank on White Street Friday morning. Mike Morris was depositing his paycheck at the ATM after getting off work late around 2 a.m. when he said a young man in a gray hoodie walked up behind him with a small silver handgun. When Morris turned around, he said the robber demanded he ...
June 14, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Suffolk Police Urge ATM Customers To Be Alert After Man Was Arrested For Skimming Sensitive Info
Police said the ATM ID thefts work by getting the card number with the skimming device and then getting the accompanying PIN code by putting a small camera at the ATM machine.
June 13, 2013 - CBS New York
- Norm Coleman in San Jose Mercury News
Using the ID numbers of dead doctors, these scam artists have treated Medicare like an ATM machine, drawing money out of the government's account with little fear of getting caught,said Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., the top Republican on the...
- Paul McNulty in Forbes
Together, the five used the $26 billion Iraqi rebuilding fund "as their own personal ATM machines," Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty said in announcing the charges.
- David Obey in Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
I hate earmarks because they suck everybody in ...... into the idea that we have to be ATM machines for our districts,Obey said. "It is a whole lot more important to know whether we have adequately funded education ...... than it is to...