- n a person trained to compete in sports
- So athletes who depend on the drugs are usually careful to stop using them before that time.
- Even elite athletes find it tough to work out; a new study shows that a surprising number of them suffer from exercise-induced asthma.
- Just Say Go The latest performance-boosting drugs are impossible to detect--and, for many athletes, impossible to resist.
- Mike Garrett in TideSports.com
I'm writing to follow up with you on the report that your institution called freshman USC football student-athlete Dillon Baxter without permission to contact,Garrett said in the letter to Moore. "I have spoken with Mr. Baxter and he has...
- Joe Maddon in The Associated Press
He's a great athlete and a great kid. He's one of the very few who can do that,Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said, noting Jackson's ability to continue to pitch well despite a high pitch count.
- President Bush in New York Times
Former President George HW Bush, highlighting Mr. Ford's Midwestern roots, said he was a "Norman Rockwell painting come to life.'' But then, in saying he wouldn't go on too much about how Mr. Ford, an allaround athlete, was spoofed as a...