- n a transparent dome on top of an airplane where the navigator can make celestial observations
- Navigator George Hart climbed into the astrodome, a transparent plastic bubble atop the fuselage, and started to shoot the stars with his sextant.
- A limited defense protecting offensive missiles, as opposed to a comprehensive "astrodome" defending the entire population, might serve as a genuine bargaining chip.
News & Articles
- Why the Astrodome is done
Love hurts, but it is time for everyone to admit that the Astrodome is done. Simon discusses the 2 options left and why Houston is headed for a breakup. Check it out! …
June 13, 2013 - CW39 NewsFix
- Fannett's 'Big Lou' cast fishing line clear across Astrodome
Fannett's 'Big Lou' cast fishing line clear across Astrodome Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:22 am, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The rod swings about 270 degrees while a bat or a golf club will cycle almost completely in a circle. On the other side of the Astrodome ...
June 12, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Four proposals for Astrodome submitted on Monday
HOUSTON -- The deadline has arrived for private firms to turn in their proposals to save the historic Astrodome. As of Monday afternoon, four proposals were submitted to the Harris County Sports & Convention Corp. The executive director of that group, Willie Loston, says they are also coming up with their own plan, which will be revealed June 19. He would offer no details of the public plan or ...
June 10, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Roger Clemens in CBC.ca
My first one here in the Astrodome went by so fast,Clemens said about his first all-star appearance. "When I see the clips, obviously I'm a lot younger. It just went by so fast, those three innings."
- Tracy Krohn in PaddockTalk
I believe our guest list is over 500 people right now. That's a lot of cheerleaders and we're happy to have them! This race is a great event in downtown Houston around the Reliant Arena, Stadium and Astrodome,added Krohn, who is the founder,...
- Samuel L Jackson in BBC News
Jackson said he hoped the film's producers could show the film "to these people in the Astrodome and whatever these shelters are where all these people are".