- n the branch of biology concerned with the effects of outer space on living organisms and the search for extraterrestrial life
- Why critics are taking note: Cady's a leading light in the field of astrobiology the study of how life forms in the universe: Astropaleobiology.
- It's his cinematic take on the emerging science of astrobiology, the search for life in other worlds.
- Nonetheless, NASA continues the search for unearthly life, even if it's only for little green bugs, under the more politically palatable label of astrobiology.
- Jill Tarter in ABC Science Online
In the case of astrobiology, the cut is to 50% of what it was in 2005,Tarter says. "We are facing what we consider an extraordinarily difficult financial threat."
- Chris McKay in USA Today
A concentrated energy source, liquid water, and perhaps evidence of CH4 - methane - being seen, McKay added it up this way: "All together this makes Enceladus a key target for astrobiology. Let's go."
- Frank Drake in Astrobiology Magazine
There are currently two scientific programs at the SETI Institute,says Drake, "one for radio SETI and one for astrobiology. I tell people that the first program deals with radio and optical searches, and then I take care of the rest of the...