aster : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers
- n star-shaped structure formed in the cytoplasm of a cell having fibers like rays that surround the centrosome during mitosis
- Heroic rescues, food-stamp fraud, heartwarming acts of charity, price gouging a major natural disaster like last month's Los Angeles earthquake can bring out the best as well as .
- The aster and cotton plants were gnarled dwarfs.
- The result: knee-high waves of goldenrod, aster, orchard grass and fleabane.
News & Articles
- On Gardening: Stokes’ asters showy perennials loved by butterflies
Stokes’ asters have always been among my favorite native perennials though I have typically only grown them in small drifts of five to seven plants. Now at the Columbus Botanical Garden I’ve got more than a hundred. They are an absolute knockout, and the American lady butterflies are finding them to be a real feast. Striking blue flowers and fiery orange butterflies is a combination that is hard ...
June 9, 2013 - The Pantagraph