- n an inhabitant of ancient Assyria
- n the language of modern Iraq
- n an extinct language of the Assyrians in ancient Mesopotamia
News & Articles
- Iran's Messiah ensemble to perform world love songs
Messiah, an Iranian ensemble led by Assyrian conductor Honiball Yousef, will be giving a concert of world love songs at Tehran's Milad Tower on July 5. People fall in love and express their love in their own languages, Yousef said, adding that this concert is filled with love and love songs are heard in different languages here.
July 1, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Pope Benedict XVI in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Particularly in Iraq, the homeland of so many of the Assyrian faithful, Christian families and communities are feeling increasing pressure from insecurity, aggression and a sense of abandonment,Benedict said.
- Ibrahim al-Jaafari in CNN
Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari said Monday, "The government will strike with a fist of iron on every criminal who tries to harm any citizen whether he was a Sunni, a Shiite, an Assyrian, a Kurd or a Turkmen."
- Antony Gormley in Telegraph.co.uk
Seeing as a child the great head of Rameses and the Assyrian winged bulls at the BM was what made me become a sculptor,Gormley says.