- n great and constant diligence and attention
- Earl has aped his brother with the beetle-browed assiduousness of a vaudeville baboon learning to roller-skate; he rubs himself with the legend of Huey's greatness like a voodoo .
- Albright's discipline and assiduousness, she says, came from her father.
- As a result of that assiduousness, Lauren has been criticized as being a promoter rather than a designer, a copycat who turns traditional ideas into high-priced knock-offs.
- Margaret Thatcher in The Nation Newspaper
Margaret Thatcher, who admits her personal liking for President Jimmy Carter, noted that his presidency demonstrated that "in leading a great nation, decency and assiduousness are not enough".