- n a declaration that is made emphatically (as if no supporting evidence were necessary)
- n the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
- One widely held belief about Einstein is that he failed math as a student, an assertion that is made, often accompanied by the phrase as everyone knows, by scores of books .
- Only a small minority of reviewers seemed able to accept this assertion.
- McCain's straightforward answer, along with his assertion that he would not have nominated any of the Supreme Court's four liberal judges (notwithstanding that he voted to confirm .
News & Articles
- Kanye remixes: I am the next Steve Jobs
Kanye West repeats his assertion in a New York Times interview that he is, indeed, the second coming of the Apple CEO. Originally posted at Technically Incorrect
June 12, 2013 - CNET
- Sony backtracks on PS4 ability to play used games, CNET says
Sony (SNE) has "backtracked somewhat" on its assertion that users will be able to play second-hand games on its latest PlayStation, CNET reports. Sony said in a statement to the website, "Similar ...
June 12, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- GI's lawyers attack WikiLeaks conspiracy notion
FORT MEADE, Md. (AP) — Defense lawyers at the court-martial of Army Pfc. Bradley Manning are attacking the government's assertion he started sending classified information to WikiLeaks within weeks of starting work as an intelligence analyst in Iraq in 2009.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in New York Times
Lo and behold, when he returned to Washington, the Senate Republican leader came out against the common-sense reforms we've proposed,Mr. Obama said. "In doing so, he made the cynical and deceptive assertion that reform would somehow enable...
- Henry Waxman in The Public Record
For more than five years, I have been seeking answers to basic questions about why the President made a false assertion about such a fundamental matter,Waxman wrote. "As the President's National Security Advisor at the time, Condoleezza...