asphyxiation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the condition of being deprived of oxygen (as by having breathing stopped)
asphyxiation is sometimes used as a form of torture
- n killing by depriving of oxygen
- Connecticut's state medical examiner says a Yale University grad student died of traumatic asphyxiation.
- Later they were found only yards from their crumpled clothes, overcome by asphyxiation.
- The boy died from asphyxiation.
News & Articles
- Bond hearing for mother accused of trying to kill 4 children
MEDFORD, Wis. — A woman accused of trying to kill four of her six children is scheduled for a bond hearing in Taylor County. The 37-year-old mother is to appear in court Monday morning. Sheriff's authorities say the woman attempted to kill the four children by carbon monoxide asphyxiation.
June 17, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Taylor Co. mother accused of trying to kill 4 of her children by CO asphyxiation
MEDFORD, Wis. — A central Wisconsin woman is accused of trying to kill four of her children by carbon monoxide asphyxiation. Taylor County sheriff's deputies arrested the 37-year-old woman Friday.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Missing Maine girl, 15, died from asphyxiation
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — A 15-year-old girl police believe was lured to her death by a man using a phony Facebook profile died from asphyxiation, the state's chief medical examiner said.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Mark Shields in Reuters India
The death on Sunday was "due to asphyxiation by manual strangulation", deputy commissioner Mark Shields told a news conference at the Pegasus Hotel in Kingston where Woolmer died on Sunday.
- John Henry in Jamaica Gleaner
Professor Henry explained, "Aconite is a poison which stops the heart and other internal organs from working, causing the victim to die of asphyxiation. It works like cyanide. The poison gives the victim a sensation of ants crawling over the body....
- Linda Burney in The Australian
This is not about parents sleeping with babies, this is a combination of alcohol, drugs and a baby in bed. These are healthy children that succumb to suffocation or asphyxiation because they have been in bed with other people,Ms Burney said....