- n a public performer (a dancer or singer)
- A bubble skirt, a padlocked handbag or any other commercial success was attributed to the "artiste" who sketched out his or her dreams and somehow, with just a hemline or a dangly .
- The artiste is aghast: "Would you ask Picasso to sell one of his guitars?" Since Dewey is played by Jack Black, in whose short, round frame the Tasmanian Devil apparently resides .
- He earned his bread and beer with bootleggers and racketeers, became the partner of a beautiful but herculean trapeze artiste, in the Carolinas floated down a flooded river .
- Mariah Carey in Daily Sun
In her tribute, Mariah Carey said, "No artiste will ever take his place. His star will shine forever" Lisa Marie Presley Michael's ex wife said, I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible.
- Joe Simpson in Jamaica Observer
Just like any artiste in America, she has a backing track that she pushes so you don't have to hear her croak through a song on national television,Joe Simpson told Ryan Seacrest on Los Angeles radio station KIIS-FM. "No one wants to hear...
- Mahesh Bhatt in RadioandMusic.com
Disagreeing with Akhtar and Azmi, Bhatt responded, "The feudal mindset of producers has to change. But this idea of the starving artiste is also exaggerated. But we can't get far by merely demonising our producer brothers."