- a connecting an artery to a vein
an arteriovenous fistula
- The problem with an arteriovenous malformation is that it is made up of several different blood vessels that are tangled up in each other.
- Even if Johnson ultimately recovers from the congenital blood disorder known as arteriovenous malformation, which required emergency surgery Wednesday night, it now looks highly .
- Also today, continuing the bipartisan cooperation around Senator Tim Johnson's (D-SD) return from a congenital arteriovenous malformation, Senator John Thune (R-SD) and Rep .
News & Articles
- Gold standard dialysis procedure may not be so golden for elderly patients
Elderly kidney failure patients using catheters to access the blood for dialysis have the highest risks of dying prematurely compared with patients using other types of vascular access.Two other types of vascular access--arteriovenous fistulas and arteriovenous grafts--provide similar survival advantages for elderly dialysis patients.
June 27, 2013 - EurekAlert!