- n a criminal who illegally sets fire to property
- Bonfires of hate burned menacingly across the Middle East last week, and the man with the matches was that incurable arsonist, Egypt's Gamal Abdel Nasser.
- Convicted arsonist Ottis Elwood Toole twice confessed to abducting Adam Walsh, 6, whose 1981 disappearance inspired his father John's advocacy for missing children.
- The absentee arsonist looked with an appraising eye on international wind and weather; given an unexpected change, his own house might be in danger of going up in the .
News & Articles
- Arsonist targets high school rowing team boats in NJ
Police in south Jersey say an arsonist torched three boats belonging to a high school rowing team.
June 13, 2013 - WPVI 6abc Philadelphia
- Arsonist Or Not? 14 Wildfires In A Week
14 wildfires in the past week in the Yosemite Lakes area of Madera County has some residents believing it is the work of an arsonist.
June 13, 2013 - KMPH - KFRE Central San Joaquin Valley
- UW art exhibit hit by arsonist
An arsonist targeted a University of Washington art exhibit Wednesday night, and police are asking the public for tips. The fire happened about 9:30 p.m. on the second floor of the UW Art Building at 1915 N.E. Chelan Lane. The fire was contained to room 247 and quickly extinguished. A Seattle Fire Department arson investigator was called to the scene and determined the fire was arson. No ...
June 13, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Lee Baca in Los Angeles Times
If an arsonist did this, everyone should be angry about it,Baca told The Times. "This is one of the most unacceptable crimes."
- John Tory in CTV.ca
I just think what we've seen here again is an example where the arsonist is assuring us that he can put out the fire,said Progressive Conservative Leader John Tory.
- Al Franken in AHN
Franken said in a statement Coleman's move was "a cynical ploy designed to change the subject and avoid scrutiny of his own record. It's like an arsonist burning down every house in the village and then asking to be named fire chief."