- n a compound of arsenic with a more positive element
- Isolated from the obstructing impurities in the alternate layers, electrons flowed at unprecedented velocities through the gallium arsenide layers: nearly twice as fast at room .
- The tiny gallium arsenide diode, only 0.
- Electrons travel up to ten times as fast through gallium arsenide, and although the material is more difficult and costly to work with, Cray has determined that the gain in speed .
- David Rittenhouse in EETimes.com
We also closed our CMOS fab at Murray Hill, keeping only the very high-performance fabrication equipment that we now use for gallium arsenide, custom and optical components,Rittenhouse said.
- Claire Gmachl in EETimes.com
Our material's architecture is deceptively simple-just two alternating layers of semiconducting material-aluminum indium arsenide and highly doped indium gallium arsenide,said Gmachl. "We could have used two other semiconductors, but we...