- n a person who has suddenly risen to a higher economic status but has not gained social acceptance of others in that class
- An exaggerated claim by an arriviste power responsible merely for updating China's idea.
- The House Of Al Fayed: A look at an arriviste dynasty that lords it over Harrods and the Ritz but cannot find acceptance in British society; Reflection: Martin Amis on our saintsour .
- Whatever its arriviste pretentions, Valencia may also represent a new model for successfully producing opera.
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Christian Science Monitor
The honorable people of Egypt despise Obama and consider him an international criminal, and an arriviste politician who serves the Zionist cause in order to get promoted to the highest levels of government,Zawahiri added, according to a...