armful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quantity that can be contained in the arms
- Lewis deserves an armful of awards as a gifted, if problematic, creator of his '60s movie comedies and, even more, as the idiot personality and the brilliant creative force .
- Mohammad al-Rubeiy, dressed in a smart black suit and black tie, holding an armful of campaign posters, is feeling optimistic.
- Astute, bespectacled Jacob ("Jack") Kapp bought an armful of children's small-sized records at the dime store to try on one of the three phonographs in his house.
News & Articles
- History comes alive: Airplane from World War II lands in Great Falls
Joe Paterson is a bit of a World War II history buff. He's in town visiting family and picked up an armful of WWII books at the Great Falls library before heading to the airport to see the vintage T-6 airplane that landed there Monday morning.
June 25, 2013 - Great Falls Tribune
- Tom Brokaw in Washington Post
From the three network anchors to a former governor to the Buffalo nun who taught him in seventh grade, Tim Russert's extended family bid farewell yesterday to "an unmade bed of a man, with an armful of newspapers and a cellphone to his ear," as...
- Joe Royle in Daily Mail
If I was Darren, I would sit myself down with an armful of Lineker DVDs and study them,said Royle. "They have very similar attributes. People would say there wasn't a lot more to Lineker's game than scoring goals, which always made me...