- n a sovereign prince of the former ruling house of Austria
- One fatal shot hit the archduke in the jugular vein, the other struck the archduchess in the abdomen.
- Some of the most tumultuous events, however, have been provoked by serendipity the assassination of an inconsequential archduke spawned World War I, a kicked-over lantern may .
News & Articles
- LA History 101: the Eagle Rock: Hey, here's an 1878 picture of...
Hey, here's an 1878 picture of Eagle Rock's Eagle Rock (then called Piedra Gorda) drawn by "German by traveler and writer Ludwig Salvator, Archduke of Austria, who had visited the Los Angeles area in 1876." He wrote (in translation): "The...
June 21, 2013 - Curbed LA
- Robin Flower in Irish Times
The Western Island, Flower recalled an occasion one summer when the king returned by boat, set down the bag, and announced gravely: "There is news today. They have killed an archduke in the eastern world."
- Arthur Demarest in Independent
This was a critical historical moment, like the assassination of Archduke [Franz] Ferdinand [which triggered] the First World War,said Arthur Demarest, the team leader. "It set off the domino of Classic Maya collapse."
- Vinton Cerf in BBC News
I wanted Archduke, but they said no,Mr Cerf says.