archaism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the use of an archaic expression
- Do not let the ever "Forward flowing tide of PTI roll back to any form of archaism such, my dear boy as you were guilty of in styling Governor Ferguson as the Governess of .
- This first effort at archaism by famed Designer William Willet looked worse than cheap to the pastor of the new church, who immediately covered it up with canvas and set a .
- The idea of a device that "only" computes will perhaps be the ultimate archaism in a world in which the fridge or the toothbrush is potentially as smart as any other object .
News & Articles
- Bloomberg News and the problem of church-state separation
It has become accepted wisdom in future-of-news debates that the church-state divide between the newsroom and the business side was something of an archaism, one more legacy that legacy news had to shed.
Nov. 26, 2013 - Columbia Journalism Review
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in Reuters India
We have a collective failure, a failure due to our archaism, a failure due to our non-renewal,said Dominique Strauss-Kahn, a Socialist former finance minister.
- Maurice Ravel in Seattle Times
The scenario - the love between a goatherd and a shepherdess - is set in ancient Greece, though Ravel said, rather irresistibly, that his aim was to "compose a vast musical fresco in which I was less concerned with archaism than with faithfully...