- s requiring secret or mysterious knowledge
the arcane science of dowsing
- The arcane formula of the new product was written in a microfilm.
- If all Alan Turing had done was answer, in the negative, a vexing question in the arcane realm of mathematical logic, few nonspecialists today would have any reason to remember him .
- The notion of doctrinal divisions among opponents of the Vietnam War must seem ridiculously arcane to most people today.
News & Articles
- Putnam transit study: cut fares, create east-west shuttle
The Putnam County Transportation Task Force has presented recommendations to overhaul Putnam's arcane public transportation system.
June 12, 2013 - The Journal News
- Immigration Debate Veering Into Rules Standoff
It took about a day for the Senate floor debate over immigration to get twisted into a knot over amendment votes and the chamber's arcane procedures.
June 12, 2013 - CQ Politics
- At the IRS, bureaucratic finger-pointing emerges
The targeting of conservative groups seeking special tax status had direct Washington connections and the picture emerging from the agency is one of a slow-moving, overwhelmed bureaucracy struggling with arcane filing systems, endless meetings and spreadsheets, and unclear chains of command, according to congressional investigative documents.The dense and arcane system has turned into intra ...
June 10, 2013 - MSNBC
- Jimmy Carter in The Associated Press
Byrd was skilled "in using arcane Senate rules to achieve his goals, and was proud of his ability to count votes and forge prevailing coalitions," Carter said in a statement.
- John McCallum in Edmonton Sun
He compared it to paying off the national mortgage, but Liberal MP John McCallum accused him of using "an arcane statistic" - the net debt - to confuse people.
- Michael Griffin in CTV.ca
These are rather arcane matters, I would admit. They're rather difficult and sometimes they don't always present well,Griffin said. "But in the long run, I think if it's the right thing, we can explain it to you and you want us doing...