- n a scholar who specializes in Arab languages and culture
- That this guy is a genocidal madman is beyond dispute as well, and you are a mench for pointing this out in an arabist forum such as this.
- Daniel Pipes in Christian Science Monitor
Daniel Pipes, a controversial Middle East scholar, wrote that "Arabic-language instruction is inevitably laden with pan-Arabist and Islamist baggage."
- Kevin Barrett in NewsByUs
As a Ph.d Islamologist and Arabist I really hate to say this, but I'll say it anyway: 9/11 had nothing to do with Islam. The war on terror is as phony as the latest Osama bin Laden tape,wrote Barrett.
- Ralph Peters in News Hounds (blog)
Peters said, "this is the old, discredited Saudi Arabian, Arabist view of the world," and "to be in the middle of a grave series of wars and to have this panel without a single retired military officer to lend his common sense to the...