aquifer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n underground bed or layer yielding ground water for wells and springs etc
- The aquifer and the coal also have huge economic significance for the tribe.
- But all the problems that booming trade creates are concentrated here as well; the potable water in the cities' common aquifer is set to run out in 25 years; the air quality is .
- But the aquifer containing the ore also supplies water to an estimated 10,000 people in and around Crownpoint, a town in which dusty yards are decorated with stripped-down car .
News & Articles
- Readers Feel...
Bids will go out next week for the new water treatment plant to treat water from the Hickory Aquifer.... The northbound lanes of highway 277 - just south of San Angelo - were closed for a time during the lunch hour - after a pick-up truck and a trash truck collided....
June 21, 2013 - KSAN - KLST San Angelo
- Report shows drop in Nipomo Mesa groundwater levels
Nipomo residents are being asked to watch their water use carefully in response to a new report showing that groundwater elevations in one portion of an underground aquifer have declined.
June 21, 2013 - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
- Tuscan Aquifer study brings some answers, more questions
Mysteries remain about the underground world of water in Butte County. But the recent Tuscan Aquifer Investigation answers some important questions.
June 16, 2013 - Chico Enterprise-Record
- Butch Otter in KBCI CBS 2
This agreement reflects years of effort, scientific advancement, diligent follow-up, and most of all building trust,Otter said in a release. "We enter into this agreement confident that it is in the best interest of the aquifer, the Idaho...
- Malcolm Turnbull in The Australian
What we want to do now is sit down with them and work out a program which we're happy to collaborate on to fill in the knowledge gaps so that we can define with much greater precision how much water is in the aquifer,Mr Turnbull said. "I...
- Ban Ki-moon in Aljazeera.net
I must emphasise that the treated water goes into the aquifer at a different point from the point at which water is drawn from the aquifer for drinking purposes, and it would be years, possibly decades before anyone was drinking a molecule of water... Eric Ripper http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ripper&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEIzhemlc7JIaLyRqWvF6f80R2L1A The Australian http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21002108-1702,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEMj7zFuGNKgh5soxVQom48R93_Xg Jan 1, 2007
4952 7216 aquila The countries represented at L'Aquila are responsible for more than 80 per cent of global emissions, and that is why they bear special responsibility for finding a solution to the political impasse," Ban said. "If they fail to act this year,...