- n an underwater swimmer equipped with a face mask and foot fins and either a snorkel or an air cylinder
- n a skilled worker who can live in underwater installations and participate in scientific research
- Moreover, Helmreich reports, "We found a definite correlation between how many days an aquanaut was sick as a child and how well he performed in Tektite.
- He has orbited the earth three times as an astronaut, and last week he returned from living a record 30 days beneath the sea as an aquanaut.
- On last week's show, snagging a smoothly globular blonde, played by Darrah Marshall, one aquanaut observed: "I knew I'd have to decompress her before I took her to the surface.
News & Articles
- James Cameron Donates His Tricked Out Ocean Sub to Science
Before setting his sights once again on the far-off moon Pandora for the next Avatar adventure, filmmaker and aquanaut James Cameron has bequeathed arguably his greatest technological... -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
July 16, 2013 - Scientific American
- Dave Williams in Space.com
And I thought, 'Wow! You know, if I can't be an astronaut, I want to be an aquanaut, and I want to be just like him,said Williams, who is married and has two children.