- n an ardent early supporter of a cause or reform
an apostle of revolution
- n any important early teacher of Christianity or a Christian missionary to a people
- n (New Testament) one of the original 12 disciples chosen by Christ to preach his gospel
- Soon after Giovanni Battista Cardinal Montini became Pope Paul VI in 1963, he made it clear that he was going to be a traveling Pope"an apostle on the move.
- Rattling off memorized Portuguese phrases and well-remembered American hymns, an ebullient, white-haired apostle of Jesus last week exhorted Mormon converts in Brazil to "know in .
- Driven from Tibet by military force, the smiling monk remains an apostle of peace, inspiring millions and never letting the world forget the plight of his homeland.
News & Articles
- Juneteenth celebration features reading, food, poetry, music
Sister Jane Nesmith, outgoing pastoral life coordinator for St. John the Apostle Catholic Curch, will read from her book “Feeding the Multitude: My 17 Years in Evansville,” Saturday, as part of the 2013 Juneteenth Day Celebration at the Evansville African American Museum.
June 14, 2013 - Evansville Courier & Press
- 'Girl Scout Sunday' in Bloomfield
Bloomfield troops attend the recent “Girl Scout Sunday” at St. Thomas the Apostle Church.
June 13, 2013 - The Record
- St. Andrew the Apostle Church 40th Annual SummerFest
Date: Saturday, June 29 – Sunday, June 30 Time: Saturday 6-10pm, Sunday 2-9pm Place: 768 Lincoln Avenue, Calumet City, IL Admission: FREE Website: St. Andrew the Apostle Church 40th Annual SummerFest The 40th St. Andrew Summerfest will feature the third …
June 11, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Richard Roberts in USA Today
Richard Roberts, former president of Oral Roberts University, called his father, "a modern-day apostle of the healing ministry, an author, educator, evangelist, prophet and innovator. He was the only man of his generation to build a worldwide...
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Rudd described Pope Benedict as an "apostle of peace, in an age when a voice for peace is a much needed voice for us all. You are also welcome as a voice for the world's poor."