apogee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a final climactic stage
- n apoapsis in Earth orbit; the point in its orbit where a satellite is at the greatest distance from the Earth
- It all began over 50 years ago, with Zoo Quest, and reached its apogee in the 13-part BBC series Life on Earth, reckoned to have been watched by 500 million people.
- Barbara Stanwyck came then suddenly to the apogee of Broadway nights.
- But the same year was the apogee of European nationalist uprisings in the 19th century.
News & Articles
- Apogee Enterprises to Host First Quarter Conference Call
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. will announce its fiscal 2014 first quarter results on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 after market close. Management will discuss those results and operations during a conference call on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ehud Olmert in The Canberra Times
The operation to put Chandrayaan into lunar space went off very well. The complex manouvre was carried out around 5am by firing the liquid apogee motor (LAM) on board for about I50 seconds to place the unmanned spacecraft 380,000 km away from earth... Satish Dhawan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satish_Dhawan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG36cWG6qS7bHGwtxtGJLbwUlv4xg Times of India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Chandrayaan_enters_lunar_space_for_final_journey/articleshow/3671299.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE-Qo267gtBTBobUUR7VTYa8Xcolg Nov 3, 2008
4544 6837 apogee A source close to Olmert, who spoke to the Herald this week on condition of anonymity, said Olmert felt this week's interview was the apogee of his political transformation from right-wing hawk to centre-left pragmatist".
- John Sentamu in Driffield Today
Dr Sentamu said: "The reforms which Tawney, Temple and Beveridge achieved in the 1940s represented the apogee of a shared 'big vision' for Britain in the last century. Intellectuals, church leaders and government agreed both on the big vision and on...