- n a song of devotion or loyalty (as to a nation or school)
- n a song of praise (to God or to a saint or to a nation)
- Victory is always glorious, but it has a singular sting for Spanish athletes who stand up to receive their gold medals and championship trophies: their national anthem has no .
- In a country of diverse cultures and languages, it's hard finding the right lyrics for the national anthem.
- Tunisian singer Amina sings the Tunisian anthem before a soccer match between France and Tunisia.
News & Articles
- Anthem mom released, to be monitored
The mother of a 2-year-old girl found wandering around a neighborhood Tuesday in Anthem has been released from jail, and authorities say this wasn't her first run-in with Child Protective Services.
June 12, 2013 - ABC 15 Phoenix
- Young Mariachi singer slammed over Game 3 National Anthem
Sebastien de la Cruz, 10, the boy who sang the National Anthem at Tuesday night's NBA Finals Game 3, is himself taking some heat from people apparently angry that a Mexican-American was asked to sing the song. De la Cruz, who was born and raised in San Antonio and appeared last year on the TV show "America's Got Talent" as a Mariachi singer, has been targeted by people on social media sites ...
June 12, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Blackhawks Fans, Anthem Singer Jim Cornelison Use Pregame Tradition as Loud, Legendary Rally Cry (Videos)
Boston’s TD Garden has the legendary Rene Rancourt to pay tribute to America and fire up the Bruins and their fans before each home game. But Chicago’s anthem singer, Jim Cornelison, is no slouch, either. In fact, Cornelison is somewhat of a legend when it comes to “Star-Spangled Banner” singers. Since the 1980s, led by then-anthem singer Wayne […]
June 11, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Faith Hill in Toronto Star
She is a strong girl, a girl of faith,Hill said during an NFL news conference earlier this week to introduce the entertainment. "I believe to come and perform the national anthem, which is this country's favourite song, at a time that our...
- Drew Brees in New York Times
It's just like when you look at the American flag and you sing the national anthem,Brees said. "When we see the fleur-de-lis, it makes us well up with pride."
- Terry Francona in The Associated Press
This was happening quickly, with the anthem going on we were making pitching changes,Francona said.