anteater : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n toothless mammal of southern Africa and Asia having a body covered with horny scales and a long snout for feeding on ants and termites
- n any of several tropical American mammals of the family Myrmecophagidae which lack teeth and feed on ants and termites
- n nocturnal burrowing mammal of the grasslands of Africa that feeds on termites; sole extant representative of the order Tubulidentata
- n small Australian marsupial having long snout and strong claws for feeding on termites; nearly extinct
- n a burrowing monotreme mammal covered with spines and having a long snout and claws for hunting ants and termites; native to New Guinea
- n a burrowing monotreme mammal covered with spines and having a long snout and claws for hunting ants and termites; native to Australia
- He has been knighted and fted, of course (and honored by having a wondrously weird New Guinea spiky anteater named Attenborough's long-beaked echidna).
- In analyzing myths, for example, Anthropologist Claude Lvi-Strauss portrays a fight between two animals by writing "jaguar anteater (-1).
- The 27th District, traditionally a Republican stronghold, once hugged the coastline; now dubbed the "anteater's snout," it turns inland at Santa Monica and travels along a .