- v choose by or as if by divine intervention
She was anointed the head of the Christian fundamentalist group
- v administer an oil or ointment to; often in a religious ceremony of blessing
- Then, in May, Roberts mailed 1 million packets of "healing" water to followers, advising them to use it to "anoint your billfold" to solve money problems and "anoint your body" to .
- The hard part is predicting what the famously fickle teenage girls will next anoint as kawaii.
- As happens with those marked with ability and presence, the lords of the mountain reached down to anoint her as National Security Adviser to President Bush and now as his Secretary .
News & Articles
- Higher calling for Woodland olives
Known by most for its distinct pepper flavor found drizzled upon grilled vegetables or tossed with pasta, Woodland-produced Frate Sole olive oil is also called to a higher power.Once consecrated, Frate Sole is used throughout the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento to anoint infants at baptism,
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Democrat
- Joe Biden in FOXNews
I don't need $100 million to compete in Iowa,Biden said. "My observation over time is you Iowans are kind of contrarians. You don't anoint front-runners."
- Herm Edwards in Washington Post
Let's don't anoint him now,Edwards cautioned.
- Marv Levy in SportingNews.com
I don't want to anoint them or put a hex on them, but I see many similarities that exist,Levy said. "They're players of character. They're young and on the rise. I see encouraging parallels."