angst : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety; usually reserved for philosophical anxiety about the world or about personal freedom
- In the show, you worry that there's not enough angst, so you create a 12-step program for fictitious problems.
- A nation that had been wallowing in one of its periodic bouts of angst is now so transformed that the newspaper Der Spiegel recently ran a cover calling Germany the "Land of Smiles.
- Holden Caulfield, the novel's protagonist, has since become a symbol of adolescent angst.
News & Articles
- America's funnest city
America's finest city? Maybe. America's funnest city? Without a doubt. Nobody can touch us. New York? A concrete jungle full of angst-ridden people. Miami? Yuck. Austin? So self-reverential. Portland? See Austin, add rain. San Francisco? See Portland, add fog. Los Angeles?
June 17, 2013 - San Diego Reader
- Front-running Fort Larned romps to victory in Stephen Foster
The angst from two prior disastrous outings this year was healed in one front-running swoop Saturday night as Fort Larned defeated a field that included four other Grade I winners by 61/4 lengths in the $536,300 Stephen Foster.
June 16, 2013 - Lexington Herald-Leader
- Volunteer spotlight: Dave Angst
The impact that Dave Angst of Fort Collins has made on Larimer Humane Society is evident in the numbers. He has contributed an amazing 1,700 hours of his time in only three years of volunteer service.
June 14, 2013 - The Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Alan Greenspan in ABC News
Whatever their publicized angst over Saddam Hussein's 'weapons of mass destruction,' American and British authorities were also concerned about violence in an area that harbors a resource indispensable for the functioning of the world economy,...
- Darrell Hair in Times of India
I have no angst over him holding the record but the fact that the rules had to be changed to handle bowlers like that vindicated my action and of the other umpires who called him,Hair said.
- Doug Collins in Washington Post
I called Jerry this afternoon and said, 'Let's move forward and make sure we stay the friends that we have been for 25 years,'said Collins, who coached Chicago from 1986-89. "It had to be a home run, and both of us had a little angst over...