angler : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a scheming person; someone who schemes to gain an advantage
- n a fisherman who uses a hook and line
- n fishes having large mouths with a wormlike filament attached for luring prey
- Australian angler Kim Bain-Moore will be the first woman to participate in the Bassmaster Classic, the Super Bowl of pro bass fishing.
- Some 320 anglers set out in their boats at 5 a.
- For most anglers, that will be all right.
News & Articles
- Big Rock set for big week on Crystal Coast
It's one of the biggest fishing tournaments on the East Coast and the Big Rock down in Morehead City kicks off on Friday with the ladies.. It's the 16th annual Keli Wagner Lady Angler tournament this
June 12, 2013 - WNCT Greenville
- WATCH: An Orca Steals A Fisherman's Catch
In the past, we've brought you: bull shark versus an angler on a dock and tiger shark versus fisherman on a kayak . Both of those videos showed a shark swooping in and quickly stealing a fish caught on a line.
June 11, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- FLW co-angler Keith Honeycutt credits pro Jason Christie for success on Grand Lake
Managing consistency over three days of fishing from the backs of three different boats with three different pros, FLW co-angler Keith Honeycutt of Temple, Texas, bagged 15 Grand Lake O' the Cherokees bass this week for a total of 45 pounds 13 ounces and a $25,000 check.
June 9, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Kevin VanDam in ESPN
I was really disappointed after the last event,said VanDam, 42. "So I wanted to come in here and do everything I could to have a shot at the Angler of the Year. That has been my goal when I started the season and it will still be my goal...
- Jay Nixon in ESPN
Gov. Jay Nixon said, "I applaud the efforts of the Missouri State Water Patrol in this investigation. As an angler myself, I'm sure the sportsmen who'll now have their gear returned are glad to know that the Water Patrol pursued this case."
- Steve Davis in guardian.co.uk
I let him off the hook at 8-5 and he came back really well,said Davis. "I feel like an angler who had a big one there for the taking but failed to land it."