angiography : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n roentgenographic examination of blood vessels after injection of a radiopaque contrast medium; produces an angiogram
- Otherwise, he says, the CTCA can be an excellent noninvasive alternative to the current gold standard test for heart disease, the coronary angiography, which involves threading a .
- These include angiography, the injection of a material into the coronary arteries to identify by X ray the 1 patient in 6 apt to have another attack; and balloon angioplasty, the .
- CT angiography, MRI, ultrasound and electrodiagnostics all pay comparably more and incur far less liability than giving medicines, doing procedures or performing most surgeries.
News & Articles
- Metabolic PET imaging provides earlier warning of coronary disease
Coronary artery disease is one of the world's most prevalent and silent killers. Positron emission tomography, which images miniscule abnormalities in cellular metabolism, can tip off clinicians about cardiac disasters waiting to happen -- including sudden death from a heart attack -- better than standard angiography, researchers revealed at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Global Interventional Cardiology Devices Market - New Industry Research Report Published by Transparency Market Research
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research "Interventional Cardiology Devices Market (Bare Metal/Drug Eluting/Bio-absorbable Stents, PTCA Balloons, Scoring Balloons, Guidewires, Guiding Catheters, Angiography Catheters, IVUS, Balloon Inflation Devices) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2018," the global market for interventional ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Dalton McGuinty in Ottawa Citizen (registration)
The fact of the matter is that wait times are coming down (in all the targeted areas except cancer surgery),Mr. McGuinty told the legislature. "Angiography is coming down by 39 per cent; angioplasty, 17.9 per cent; cataract surgery is down...
- Daniel in USA Today
What Steve showed really elegantly using IVUS is that even people whose arteries look pretty good using standard angiography can have substantial amounts of plaque,says Daniel Rader of the University of Pennsylvania. "The notion that...