- n any disease of the throat or fauces marked by spasmodic attacks of intense suffocative pain
- n a heart condition marked by paroxysms of chest pain due to reduced oxygen to the heart
- To the patient who has listened carefully to his doctor, angina pectoris (literally, strangling of the chest) means that because of exertion or excitement, his heart muscle is .
- When a robust man suddenly drops dead and the newspapers report "heart failure," the probability is that he died during an attack of angina pectoris.
- Only 30 years ago the diagnosis of angina pectoris "was tantamount to the issuance of a death warrant.
News & Articles
- Hospital to offer cardiac rehabilitation program
Dublin Methodist Hospital has expanded its heart services with the addition of a new Cardiac Rehabilitation program. The program, used at the McConnell Heart Health Center, Grant Medical Center and other OhioHealth locations, will benefit people who have experienced heart disease, angina, a heart attack, coronary artery bypass or heart failure in the Dublin area.
Aug. 28, 2013 - This Week Dublin
- Donald Rumsfeld in TopNews
Peterson and Rumsfeld said "It is difficult to assert that a PCI-first strategy should clearly be adopted routinely in patients with stable angina."
- David Cameron in Royal Oak Daily Tribune
Paramedics and nurses also are welcome,Cameron said. "We're taking war heroes who are on oxygen, have pacemakers, diabetes, angina and hip replacements. We want to keep everyone safe."
- Dirk Muller in WFIE-TV
A study of 406 sudden cardiac death patients indicates that they often have symptoms, especially the typical symptom angina pectoris [chest pain] for as long as 120 minutes before an arrest,said study lead author Dr. Dirk Muller, a...