- v administer an anesthetic drug to
The patient must be anesthetized before the operation
anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth
- The result wasn't any artistically fruitful psychological trauma, as far as he knows; it was that he learned to anesthetize himself from pain.
- Trying to anesthetize the patient with small talk, he asked: "What do you do?" The patient gripped a cotton pad soaked with smelling salts.
- Increasingly, the group's 3,500 members are obtaining sodium pentobarbital, a clear solution used to anesthetize cats, dogs and horses, from online sources based in Mexico and .
News & Articles
- PETA Argues Against Development Of RoboRoach Project
PETA Argues Against Development Of RoboRoach Project Technology People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is calling a Michigan company "cruel" for developing a kit to implant electrodes into cockroaches and control their movements via a smartphone app. The kits instruct children to "anesthetize" live cockroaches and superglue the electrodes to control their movement, according to a ...
Oct. 31, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Tim Conway in Los Angeles Times
One of their favorite routines from the Burnett show was the dentist sketch, "where I kind of anesthetize my entire body with Novocain" while trying to fill Korman's teeth, Conway told The Times on Thursday.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Earthtimes (press release)
In this field you cannot anesthetize consciences,Benedict said. "The pharmacist must invite everyone to demonstrate their humanity, so that every individual is protected from conception to natural death."
- Bruce Willis in Baltimore Sun
Bruce says, "The big problem is the reasons people want to anesthetize themselves. We fight it the wrong way. The war on drugs is a joke. If somebody weren't making money off cocaine and drug traffic in general, it wouldn't exist."