- n a deficiency of red blood cells
- n a lack of vitality
- n genus of terrestrial or lithophytic ferns having pinnatifid fronds; chiefly of tropical America
- Researchers have identified the first effective treatment for sickle cell anemia, the fatal blood disorder that almost exclusively affects black Americans, the National Institutes .
- Only a generation ago, anemia was both a common and a fashionable complaint.
- Once inside the body, the kala-azar protozoan invades and weakens the immune system, causing fever, weight loss, anemia and enlargement of the spleen.
- Pete Stark in Kaiser network.org
As an advocate for children's health, I am proudly teaming up with the Heinz Micronutrient Campaign to battle the hidden hunger of micronutrient malnutrition and iron-deficiency anemia, global health threats that are impairing the physical and... Lucy Liu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Liu&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHWYOq9GxKgLkBsxSeEY5iS4uNFpQ MarketWatch (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lucy-liu-takes-on-role-as-spokesperson-for-the-heinz-micronutrient-campaign-to-help-malnourished-infants-and-children-2010-03-22%3Freflink%3DMW_news_stmp&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG9GnmOwpnLX5 Mar 22, 2010
3734 5517 anemia Stark said, I have been very concerned that Medicare's overpayments for the anti-anemia drug Epogen create a perverse incentive for dialysis centers to raise doses, which the FDA warns can put dialysis patients at increased risk of heart attack,...
- Patti LaBelle in Earthtimes.org
Giving blood is an easy way to help someone in need and feel good about doing it,said Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet Member Patti Labelle. "With so many people in our community suffering from sickle cell anemia, it's also the right...