- n short account of an incident (especially a biographical one)
- The anecdotes that he naratted were very pithy.
- The reporter intended the anecdote that opened part four of the Boston Globe's profile of Mitt Romney to illustrate, as the story said, "emotion-free crisis management": Father .
- The following anecdote came out of Washington as a news report: A man on the street recognized the flashy automobile of a well-known bootlegger.
News & Articles
- Within days of draft, Hernandez threatened Welker
Stories continue to accumulate about the signs in Aaron Hernandez’s background, stories that paint a more complete if complicated picture about his character. And according to the Boston Globe, he flashed a temper and made threats to one of the Patriots’ respected veterans within days of arriving for work. In an anecdote near the bottom…
June 21, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Opinion: Bull riding is serious stuff
I like to see and experience things, if only so that I can have a readily available story to tell or anecdote to share. I have seen kangaroo boxing in Australia and midget wrestling in Thailand. Heck, I’ve even seen Canadian football — go Saskatchewan Roughriders! But for far too long I had neglected something in my very own back yard.
June 17, 2013 - The Southern Illinoisan
- Anthony Weiner's Three-Pronged Salad-Throwing Defense
Of the many unflattering anecdotes The New York Times dug up to illustrate Anthony Weiner's publicity hounding, poor manners and lackluster job performance, perhaps the most memorable is the one about the salad.
June 14, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Renee Zellweger in San Jose Mercury News
He's not a man of many words, you know. He shows up and says what he's hoping for, sets it up and puts it to film,Zellweger said. "Everything was just so comfortable and easy. Maybe that says more than any anecdote I might come up with....
- Chris Tarrant in Broadcastnow
Tarrant added: "Kids are funny, magical and always surprising. What parent hasn't told an anecdote about the funny things their children say? This show totally captures the spirit and the inherent comedy of children - it's the kind of family...