- n tiny fishes usually canned or salted; used for hors d'oeuvres or as seasoning in sauces
- n small herring-like plankton-eating fishes often canned whole or as paste; abundant in tropical waters worldwide
- Is America ready for the melted anchovy? That's the question on the table this afternoon in the gleaming research and development kitchen of the Cheesecake Factory in Calabasas .
- He held famous weekly teas in the huge, hotel-like Old Palace, where he stuffed undergraduates with good talk and anchovy toast.
- About the size and shape of an anchovy, the Magic-I holds 120 names and phone numbers, plus a calendar and an alarm clock (with times for 100 cities worldwide).
News & Articles
- Making Fish Food For People, Not Pigs, To Save An Ecosystem
By elevating the country’s anchovy catch to a delicacy, rather than an ingredient in farm food, Peru is hoping to change the direction of its fisheries. How do you save a fish? Eat more of it. While not true for many species, the Peruvian anchoveta is a victim of its own abundance. Schooling in the billions off the cool, clear waters of the Peruvian coast, the anchoveta, or anchovy, has been ...
June 21, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Martin Yan in Nashua Telegraph
The priorities of this Presidency will be firstly to continue defining the pillars of the Common Fisheries Policy reform. In addition, we will focus on the reform of the common market organisation, on multiannual management plans for anchovy, horse... Elena Espinosa http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Espinosa&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFjc0kFzyBpcGU7uGc02hWVDcHdow European Parliament (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/expert/infopress_page/008-68667-040-02-07-901-20100209IPR68665-09-02-2010-2010-false/default_en.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGEsoKKHuHkSZ1Hdc52PAdanEw9Ow Feb 9, 2010
3676 5369 anchovy NOTE: Fish sauce is an all-purpose amber-colored, salty flavoring agent made by pressing out the liquid from fermented anchovy-like fish," Yan writes. "It is used to season dishes as they cook and as a table condiment, and is as common in...