- n the case history of a medical patient as recalled by the patient
- n the ability to recall past occurrences
- In a variety of fields-educational, moral political, social-anamnesis is busy these days dredging the pools.
- It is the familiar, autumnal Auden speaking: student of fleshly decay, writer of thank-you notes, urbane scold, expert at anamnesis, a celebrator of the numinous past that .
- As for the Catholic belief that the Mass re-enacts Christ's sacrifice on the Cross, the statement describes the Eucharistic service as an "anamnesis," or representation, of God's .
News & Articles
- IGF 2014 sees over 1,000 entries, record student numbers
The Independent Games Festival attracted a record number of student contestants this year, pushing the competition's total number of entries to over 1,000. Student Competition highlights for IGF 2014 include the Kickstarter-funded platformer-roguelike Risk of Rain and HKU University of the Arts Utrecht's Westerado , along with motion-controlled experiments like the Oculus Rift-powered Anamnesis ...
Nov. 12, 2013 - Joystiq
- Iris Murdoch in Times Online
("Good art is anamnesis", argues Iris Murdoch, following Plato, "'memory' of what we did not know we knew.") In the case of the Athenians, the "memory" is not an individual memory of a personal injury, but a shared memory of a public catastrophe.