- n someone who has had a limb removed by amputation
- The roadside bomb that wounded the 500th amputee is the signature weapon of the Iraq war, racking up the kind of body count caused by heavy artillery in past conflicts.
- In Cambodia, where roughly 1 out of every 380 people is a war amputee, part of the foot's rubber components are scavenged from truck tires.
- Soon Chandra returned to the tire shop with an amputee patient and a foot cast.
News & Articles
- Wounded Warriors teach baseball to amputee children
Twenty children who suffered limb loss are joining the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team for a fun week-long camp at Disney World's ESPN Wide World of Sports.
June 15, 2013 - 14 WFIE Evansville
- Hawkinsville Double Amputee Veterans Ready For New Homes
HAWKINSVILLE, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - Two double amputee veterans are about to get a life-changing experience this weekend in Hawkinsville. Tony Mullis, a 23 year-old marine veteran will get the keys to his brand new home, built exclusively for him and his family by Homes for Our Troops. Mullis is a Hawkinsville native who lost both his legs while serving in Afghanistan when he was only 20 years ...
June 14, 2013 - 41 NBC Macon
- Quadruple Amputee Inspires Boston Marathon Blast Survivor (Video)
Quadruple amputee Staff Sgt. Travis Mills , who lost all four limbs in an April 2012 IED blast in Afghanistan, gave advice to J.P. Norden - Boston Marathon bomb blast survivor - as Norden visited Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Wednesday.
June 13, 2013 - KPBS San Diego
- Oscar Pistorius in Seattle Times
I've been chucked in the deep end with the best guys in the world,Pistorius said Tuesday. "There's a lot to learn. There never has been a Paralympic sprinter to fuse the gap between able-bodied and disabled sport. The next single amputee...
- JÃ³n SigurÃ°sson in MLive.com
Ossur CEO Jon Sigurdsson wrote recently to the IAAF, telling the federation that Pistorius "does not have a technical advantage over able-bodied athletes. Based on biomechanics alone, it is simply not possible for him or any amputee to have an...
- Ingrid Newkirk in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
Spokesperson Ingrid Newkirk tells the New York Post, "She chose to make a tiny insect an amputee. Perhaps she should change her name legally to 'Heart of Stone'" Earlier this month (Jul08) Newkirk wrote Stone a letter, offering Stone a brain...