- v remove surgically
- Rex Fuller and John Charles Cottrell of Salida, Colo, were obliged to amputate an Italian miner's left index finger after another man with trench mouth had bitten the finger.
- Horrific videos from the disaster zone--the twisted bodies of children layered like fossils in the sediment of a pancaked concrete schoolhouse, the desperate decision to amputate .
- Would they agree to amputate a child's legs to keep her lighter and more portable? Hormone treatment is nowhere near as risky and disfiguring as amputation, Diekema retorts; it .
News & Articles
- Get Your Gumption Back: Lessons From a Paralympic Medalist
Bonnie St. John's misfortune as a young girl become her lifelong leadership strength. When Bonnie St. John was five years old, a birth defect stunted the growth in her right leg. The doctor had no choice but to amputate it. Rather than let it defeat her, St. John made a decision--with the help of a demanding nurse--to live resiliently. She overcame tremendous odds--in addition to her physical ...
June 13, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- First double-leg transplant patient has legs amputated
The world's first double-leg transplant patient has had both limbs amputated after an unrelated illness forced him to stop taking anti-rejection drugs, the Spanish hospital that carried out the operation said Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - Fox News
- Nugent family will get donations after waiting weeks
The Nugent family has been waiting for funds raised for medical bills after their 2-year-old's feet had to be amputated because of a lawn mower accident at her home on April 10.
June 11, 2013 - WTSP-TV Tampa
- Jared Allen in USA Today
Well, they tried to amputate it earlier. That was tough,Allen joked. "I did some electric-shock therapy. I don't know what that had to do with my shoulder, though. They recommended heroin, but I said that was against all legal policies so...
- Murat Kurnaz in guardian.co.uk
I knew a man from Morocco,Kurnaz writes, "who used to be a ship captain. He couldn't move one of his little fingers because of frostbite. The rest of his fingers were all right. They told him they would amputate the little finger. They...
- Pete Burns in This is London
Speaking from Italy, where surgeon Giovanni Ferrando is due to operate again on his lips, Burns said: "It has taken away my life and my career. I saw doctors in London who said the only option was to amputate my lips. I was suicidal. Eventually I...