amplitude : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (physics) the maximum displacement of a periodic wave
- n the property of copious abundance
- n greatness of magnitude
- Amplitude modulation changes the wave's strength.
- No living photographer of landscape seems able to match the amplitude of Adams' work those vast and feathered skies, those muscular loops of river, those cannonball moons .
- With a crowd-pleasing style and powerful amplitude, Franck could break his string of runner-up finishes to add to his country's cache of gold.
News & Articles
- Tsunami may have hit US East Coast earlier in June
A storm that blew through earlier this month might have triggered a rare phenomenon for the East Coast: a tsunami. Tsunami-like conditions were observed June 13 at more than 30 tide gauges along the East Coast, Bermuda and Puerto Rico, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said. The highest peak amplitude was recorded in Newport, R.I, where it reached just under a foot above sea ...
June 25, 2013 - KTVU
- Andrew Gould in Trading Markets (press release)
The biggest difference I see from both the mid-'80s as well as '97, '98, is the speed with which everybody is reacting,Gould said during a conference call. "These cycles are getting much sharper in their amplitude and shorter in their...
- Alexander Stubb in Chicago Tribune
Russia has applied unprecedented military power ...... and it is of such amplitude that it would have scared much bigger states,Alexander Lomaia, secretary of Georgia's National Security Council, said in an interview. "This war has changed...
- Gretchen Bleiler in Aspen Times
I've been working really, really hard the last two weeks, just working on my Cab [switch frontside] sevens and my amplitude and grabbing my nines,Bleiler said of a run that she labeled "as close" to perfection as she's ever come. "It's...