- n semisynthetic penicillin (trade names Principen and Polycillin and SK-Ampicillin)
- Already, more than 90% of some bacteria species in Asia have developed strong immunity to frequently administered antibiotics such as penicillin and ampicillin, according to the .
- There were five deaths among 129 patients on ampicillin alone, but 13 among the 111 who got all three drugs.
- Within days, an investigative team had discovered an upsetting but valuable fact: the bacterium was resistant to the antibiotics ampicillin, carbenicillin and tetracycline.
News & Articles
- Leitchfield girl makes YouTube video to save father's life
(WHAS11) -- Madison Carroll is just 18 months old, but she’s hoping to help her Dad. “When I was in 4th grade I had pneumonia and the doctor gave me the wrong medicine. He gave me ampicillin and I’m allergic to penicillin,” Steven Carroll said. The medications are similar and caused damage to Carroll’s kidney’s. He’s been on dialysis for almost two years and is now waiting and hoping for a ...
July 10, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville