- n the ion NH4 derived from ammonia; behaves in many respects like an alkali metal ion
- Ammonium nitrate, whose blast wrecked Texas City last week (see NATIONAL AFFAIRS) is all too easy to make.
- It wasn't common for someone to buy a ton of ammonium nitrate.
- A mixture of TATP and ammonium nitrate was used in suicide bombs in Casablanca, Moroco on May 16, 2003.
- Vasundhara Raje in Fox Sports
We have arrested two people and have detained several (more) people for questioning,Raje said. "RDX and ammonium nitrate were used. Ball-bearings were used, which have weight, and they behave like tiny missiles. Timing devices were used....
- Graeme Samuel in The Age
After conducting extensive market inquiries, the ACCC concluded that the proposed acquisition would not be likely to substantially lessen competition in the manufacture and supply of ammonia, ammonium nitrate or fertiliser products,ACCC...
- Gulab Chand Kataria in Thaindian.com (blog)
Asked about the role of the Harkat-ul Jehadi Islami (HuJI) behind the nine blasts at seven places in a spate of 15 minutes, Kataria said: "It is a well planned terror strike. Militants have used RDX and high explosives like ammonium nitrate and...