amitriptyline : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tricyclic antidepressant drug (trade name Elavil) with serious side effects; interacts with many other medications
- Tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline and cyclobenzaprine are sometimes prescribed to improve sleep and relax muscles.
- Each day, these kids were also given up to 100 mg of amitriptyline, a sedating drug that used to be prescribed as an antidepressant but is now used more often as a treatment for .
- Drugs with similar anti-depressant effects are imipramine (Tofranil) and amitriptyline (Elavil).
News & Articles
- Arizona serial killer died of anti-depressant overdose: medical examiner
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona serial killer sent to death row for murdering six people during a 14-month shooting spree committed suicide last month by overdosing on an anti-depressant, a medical examiner ruled on Thursday. Dale Hausner, the so-called "Serial Shooter" who asked the state Supreme Court for a speedy execution, was found to have died from "amitriptyline intoxication," according to ...
July 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- 'Serial Shooter's' death declared suicide - Tucson News Now
Dale Hausner, 40, was found unresponsive in his cell on June 19. Reports released by the Pinal County Medical Examiner Thursday reveal his death was caused by amitriptyline intoxication.
July 12, 2013 - Tucson News Now